Members of the Strengthen Democracy committee understand that: Informed Citizens Are the Foundation of a Strong Democracy.
Candidate Goals include:
- Increase Voter Participation (Delegate to voting committee)
- Increase Voter Knowledge
- Increase Voter representation
- Reduce Gerrymandering
- Eliminate Electoral College. National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.
- Increase Government Transparency
- Free speech, vibrant press
- Independent investigations
- Reduce Special Interest Influence
- Visibility of Money in Politics
- Visibility of conflicts of interest
- Separation of Church and State. Johnson Amendment
- Value Reality. Increase Factual Reporting; Insist on facts, not alternative facts, call out bullshit
- Elect a Democratic NJ Governor
- Remove Trump from Office
- Win back the Senate and the House
- Dump Chris Smith
Persuade News Media to Ask for Special Prosecutor Investigation of Trump-Russian Ties
- Begin with a focus on the Asbury Park Press,
- Drip or Blitz letters to the APP,
- Create Talking Points and Sample letters.
- Share with this group, Bayshore Group, and other Indivisible groups.
- Expand to include more news media and more advocates.
- Request Indivisible Bayshore members continue this task
- Encourage news media to hold news media accountable for facts.
Practice the Power of Dialogue
- Study the course on Practicing Dialogue.
- Follow Intelligence Squared US Debates.
- Practice dialogue during personal encounters with moderate Trump supporters.
- Shift Sunday Morning Programs toward a dialogue format.
- Create a Dialogue Event engaging a thoughtful Trump Supporter
- Topic is “Will Releasing his taxes benefit Americans?”
- Record video, post to youtube, link to Indivisible sites…
Connect with other Indivisible Groups
- Establish working connections with other Indivisible groups, locally and nationally.